Donation, the easy way

If doesn't fit into any other category ....
cicciocb
Site Admin

Re: Donation, the easy way

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:19 am
For the other users, do not hesitate to donate because it gives me the opportunity to broaden the spectrum of Annex functionalities as well as support for other modules.
I have donated modestly within my means as soon as new firmware was released and that addressed some of the bugs that were important to me.

I know its impossible for Francesco to satisfy everyone's requests and requirements.

One sugestion, maybe a poll could be run with requested features. Votes for any features in the poll are counted if the donation is made for that feature?

Francesco would receive an incentive to concentrate on requests that receive most votes (donations)?

My immediate request is to add LR (Long Range) mode to WiFi ESP-NOW networking. I will donate for it now and will add another donation if the request is supported by others and Francesco.
Yes, this is a good idea, I tried in the past to implement a polling post but I received only very few answers. Yes, I can start a polling post about the LR and see what happens.
bugs

Post by bugs »

Half serious - maybe you get two vouchers per donation which enable you to request two features...
;)
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:24 am Half serious - maybe you get two vouchers per donation which enable you to request two features...
;)
:D
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

Perhaps feature requests could act as targets, set by the development time and/or hardware costs required to implement.
CiccioCB must scope out feature requests anyway to estimate how much hardware cost and development effort are needed... so he could set a target.

The more popular the request and quicker the donations, and/or the keener for results and more generous the donations, the quicker the development target would be reached.
Feature request targets could even be based on pledges promised if and when implemented, which afterwards will show unpaid pledges still outstanding.

If each project had a bar graph showing user participation, everyone could follow its progress.
Such a feature progress chart would be its own interest and progress indicators, with built-in honour system.

Speaking personally, even if I had no interest in eg: lora, and although I'm a pensioner, I would probably still be happy to pledge 5 euros to help Annex evolve to include such a new feature. Committed users would be apparent, but misers could still keep enjoying Annex improvements from the shadows.

Annex is not about money though, cos most of CiccioCB's development efforts have been at his own time and expense, and that will probably not change.
Donation targets would just give him a reason to stray out of his preferred way to please others while not doing it entirely at his expense.
BeanieBots

Post by BeanieBots »

[Local Link Removed for Guests] wrote: [Local Link Removed for Guests]Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:24 am Half serious - maybe you get two vouchers per donation which enable you to request two features...
;)
I've actually seen something like this done on other forums and it works quite well.
Whatever scheme is/may be adopted, it will itself involve yet more work for cicciocb.
How about using something that is already halfway there such the number of thanks or number * rating of projects/examples posted.
Forums are kept alive by their activity and content.
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Long story short:
I understand that we can provide support through ...

- test results and numerous application of Annex
- making Annex known in the IoT world
- forum activity and encouraging feedback
- indirect hardware support through Paypal

With this in mind, I will do my best.

A perhaps crazy suggestion: In my city, for example, there are many park benches with the names of sponsors on small plaques. Could one perhaps establish a post here that always lists the names of the last 50 (yes 50) sponsors who may have donated under a keyword - only and solely for their glory and honor.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Thanks to all for your support. I'll try to follow your suggestions, I found some good ideas in your replies.