Flashing ESP32-C3-Zero

Annex for ESP32
lyizb

Flashing ESP32-C3-Zero

Post by lyizb »

I'm trying to flash the 18-pin C3-Zero using the web flasher. It finds and connects to the device, I select the firmware and set configuration, and flash (all items checked).
_ESP32_C3-Zero.jpg
Success is reported, but the device does not appear at the IP address I have set. "Advanced IP Scanner" doesn't see it with a DHCP-provided IP address either.

I've tried this with two C3-Zeros. One time, out of a number I tried, the device came up in my WIFI APs. I connected to it, and in the browser got to 192.168.4.1. The Config all looked ok. I saved and rebooted, but still nothing at the static IP address and the AP no longer appears. For the second one I tried, the static IP didn't show up, and neither did a WIFI AP.

What else can I try? (Note: I've successfully used the web flasher to flash about a dozen S2-Minis and a number of ESP32-D1-Minis.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lyizb

Re: Flashing ESP32-C3-Zero

Post by lyizb »

Well, I connected the C3s to a different router, and both worked, giving me access through the static IPs. The routers are interconnected on the same net and about equally close to me (a few meters).

Mystery unresolved, but forward progress possible.
Electroguard

Post by Electroguard »

The routers are interconnected on the same net and about equally close to me (a few meters).
I am using multiple routers to increase range on the same subnet, with the closest router funneling all its subnet connections upstream to the remote main subnet router which handles the registration of all devices on the subnet (only the 1 assigned controlling router can register devices onto its subnet).

I was getting problems earlier in the year on the devices I flashed on my linux pc, which kept 'disappearing' after flashing.
Eventually I discovered that turning all the routers off then back on seemed to fix things for a while, suggesting that routers tables were being corrupted. The problem returned even if using just one ESP device with older pre-Wins firmware... possibly because the re-used default IP of 192.168.4.1 on different devices was somehow causing router table corruption again.

So now, if I have any hint of such problems, I reboot the routers and make sure there is no 'overlooked' 192.168.4.1 device powered up... which can easily happen if any networked ESP device reboots and is no longer able to re-connect back to its networks router for any reason.
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

Thanks for the suggestions. I may well have another 4.1 device--though once I did connect to the S3 which wouldn't come up on the static IP. But I don't understand why it would connect to one router (further away) and not the other.
lyizb

Post by lyizb »

Typically terrible photo of the Annex TFT connection screen, but here is an ILI9341 connected to an ESP32-C3-Zero with flying wires:
C3-Zero TFT.jpg
Using "CUSTOM" and "Advanced" on the Config page, I set it up with 3V3 using pins 0-5, with BL connected to 3V3 through a 68R resistor:
C3-Zero TFT Settings.jpg
Now I'm working on a PCB--if I can figure out how to create a component and footprint in EasyEDA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cicciocb
Site Admin

Post by cicciocb »

Very nice :D